Definitions and law
The contract is the document or documents that set out these conditions and all other details about your agreement with us.
“We” and “Us” “Owner” and “Our” mean the seller/supplier of the goods
“You” or “Your” or “Hirer” means the hirer of the goods
The “Goods” mean all goods to be hired by us to you
The “Recipient” means the person, firm, company, corporation or public authority to whom the goods are delivered, when it is not you. These conditions exclude any terms and conditions you may have put forward, except where we have agreed to any amendments or other conditions in writing.
- All goods shall remain the property of the owner, Chair Covers for Celebrations.
- While the goods are on hire the Hirer has sole responsibility for them and shall be responsible for the goods and insurance thereof from the time of acceptance until the goods have been collected by/returned to the owner in a satisfactory condition.
- The Owner, Chair Covers for Celebrations, shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to persons or their property, however sustained, arising from the goods on hire.
- A non refundable deposit of £50 of the balance is payable to secure the booking (50% for full décor packages).
- Final payment and a security deposit is required 4 weeks in advance of the event (£100).
- Cancellations must be advised, in writing, 8 weeks prior to the event, otherwise the Owner; Chair Covers for Celebrations; reserves the right to charge a 20% cancellation fee.
- The hire items may be returned soiled but hire items that have been dragged on the floor, have holes or rip, cigarette burns, candle wax burns, or any stain that is impossible to remove will be deemed to be beyond repair and will be charged at full replacement costs.
- Any items not returned to the owner after the period of hire will be charged for at full replacement cost.
- Hire items are hired for one day, unless otherwise agreed, and should be available for collection on the agreed date at the event venue, by courier collection or elsewhere by prior agreement between the Hirer and the Owner; Chair Covers for Celebrations
- Refunds cannot be given once the hire items have already been prepared for the final guest numbers and after the full balance has been paid.
- We will happily accommodate changes in numbers as we appreciate this is inevitable when planning an celebration. However any changes made less than 7 days prior to the event may not be eligible for a refund.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that they or their representative are present at the delivery address on the delivery date, as the courier will require a signature.
- All packages MUST be collected on the date appointed. Packages not ready for collection will incur a charge.
- Please note it is the hirers’ responsibility to ensure the hire items are packed up and the boxes/bags are sealed ready for collection. If a courier has to leave without picking up the consignment due to the hire items not being ready, boxes not taped up, misplaced etc, the courier will have to be rebooked resulting in a delay in return and laundering. If covers arrives back late due to a wasted pick up for whatever reason, the hirer will forfeit £15 for each aborted pickup from their security deposit.
- Deliveries to third parties are made entirely at your own risk.
- The Owner Chair Covers for Celebrations cannot be held responsible for non-delivery of goods due to failure on the part of our couriers or any reasons beyond our control.
- All material security deposits will be refunded upon the return of the hired goods, deductions will be made if there is any loss or damage to the covers.
- The hirer is responsible for any loss or damage, which occurs from the time of delivery until the goods are returned to our premises.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring all hire items are returned in the boxes provided and that all sashes are untied and folded and ensure chair covers are not inside out
- Any customers that return our hire items in such a state as to need extra cleaning will have up to £20 of their material damage deposit deducted as a result of extra time and labour needed to clean the covers
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the hire items ordered will be suitable for the chairs used at their venue.